To strive for social change, promoting inclusive development and good governance
To work for holistic development of marginalized communities
IPSA would strive to promote pro-poor government policies and their effective implementations in the social and economic sector for the overall development of disadvantaged sections of society such as Muslims, Dalits, Adivasis, Gender, Child and Disabled through policy research, advocacy, public education and trainings and execution of relevant projects.
- 1. It would carry out quantitative and qualitative research on the relevant issues pertaining to public policies of social and economic sectors, social and physical science policy issues, foreign affairs and strategic issues, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Financing For Development (FFD) and any other issue related to development of the nation.
- 2. It would also analyse overall governance structure and public policies relating to public finance in general and analysis of annual budgets and its implementations to ensure social justice and with quality human development while reducing economic inequality.
- 3. To strengthen public participation in governance at the grassroots level, IPSA would also carry out research and capacity building programmes on structural issues pertaining to planning and budgeting of local bodies (Panchayats and Municipalities).
- 4. IPSA would demystify budgetary processes, documents, issues and terminologies, and making it more comprehensible for the common people through preparing Primers, training manuals, working papers and policy briefs in vernacular languages such as Urdu, Hindi and regional languages. Dissemination of research outputs, primers and policy brief among different groups and stakeholders as per the requirement.
- 5. Would organise seminars, workshops, conferences around different themes and constituencies for dissemination of the research outputs and to spread advocacy messages among the legislature, policy makers, CSOs, academia, media and representatives of local bodies for better and progressive outcomes.
- 6. Networking with CSOs to facilitate a more inclusive and informed public discourse and debates on relevant issues on budget and policies for enhancing transparency and accountability.
- 7. To develop library, Educational Institutions and Documentation Centres that would promote public education and accountability in the area of decentralised governance and public policies and related activities, the scope of work being within India and abroad.